Joseph Matrot (1881-1963), the grandson of owners of a family wine estate in Puligny-Montrachet and Blagny, lived with his wife, Marguerite Amoignon, and their three children at Château d’Evelle. Marguerite also owned a beautiful wine estate in Meursault. In 1914, they took up residence in Marguerite’s family home, which is today the seat of Domaine Matrot, and decided to develop and extend the estate. Over the course of generations, Domaine Matrot continued to expand with the addition of new vineyard holdings, and in 2000 began harvesting the vineyards organically. Today, sisters Adèle and Elsa Matrot are in charge of the management and winemaking of the Domaine, ensuring that the family-run domaine will be in good hands for many years to come. Observing careful cultivation and vinification techniques, Domaine Matrot wines offer purity of fruit and terroir-driven character.